Among of the many celebrations around the world for the up-coming CENTENARY OF THE BIRTH OF JOSE MARIA ARGUEDAS (1911-1969) the Peruvian writer, anthropologist, linguist, musicologist and education reformer, a special event will take place at the Bolivar Hall on 30th September at 7.00pm.
The evening will be introduced by a talk on the life of Arguedas by William Rowe, Professor at Birkbeck College, followed by the play “El Sueño del Pongo” (The Pongo ’s Dream) adapted by José Navarro for puppetry performance accompanied by music played by the composer Cameron McBride.
The event will also include a Spanish-Quechua-English music and poetry recital by well-known artists (voice and guitar) Sofía Buchuck and Alex Alfaro.
The event will be accompanied by an exhibition of sculptures by the Peruvian artist Warmi (Susie Goulder).
Followed by a reception.
Paul Goulder 0208 946 7287 email@example.com
Sofia Buchuck New number: 07956338917 firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Arguedas Centenary Celebrations Group
ARGUEDIAN EVENING - NOCHE ARGUEDIANA
Celebration for the up-coming
CENTENARY OF THE BIRTH OF JOSE MARIA ARGUEDAS (1911-1969)
The Bolivar Hall on 30th September 2010, at 7.00pm.
Introduction by Paul Goulder
1. The life of José María Arguedas. Talk by Professor William Rowe.
2. Poetry performance by Alfredo Cordal in homage to José María Arguedas.
3. Poetry and Quechua songs by Sofía Buchuck, Peruvian singer with the guitarist Alex Alfaro.
4. Puppetry performance of “The Pongo’s dream” adapted by José Navarro well known puppeteer and music by composer Cameron McBride.
5. You are invited to view the sculptures by Warmi on display.
Peruvian mote and wine reception.
Music and poems are available on CD.
Arguedas Centenary Celebration Group